Friday, May 15, 2009

BTWW The Bitter End

Well I got my garage opened up ;) and dragged a bike out and rode back to work Thursday after lunch. I knew that from there I would have to drive back to work after supper so that I could drive to Ames to pick up my car once work was over. I now have brakes on my car, and am $220.00 lighter. Friday was a mess of weather so I just caved in and drove both times. I will make up for my missed time on the bikes by commuting as many times as possible for the rest of the month, and beyond. One nice thing that I discovered again this year during BTWW is that my fuel gauge stays pegged at the top of the tank for a very long time if I just do a little schedule tweaking and make time to ride in to work. That's always nice. Plus, I have pretty much quit drinking pop since Lent, and have saved myself some bucks from that. I could so easily turn into a miser right now...kill the TV, put up a clothes line, start a garden and I'm there! Later! Travel Gravel!

3 comments:

bluecolnago said...

you make several good points there....

i rarely drink pop anymore. once in a blue moon....

glad you got in some rides to work!

Big D said...

I drink gallons of pop. Gallons and gallons. Addicted to Diet Mtn Dew.

Travel Gravel said...

Nobody tool me up on thee borrowing of a bike for the week. Sad. John Krengel and I were the only two to ride all week. John was hospitalized for LOW blood pressure the day after his second day of riding in. Must have been bored...but he's OK now.