Thursday, May 7, 2009

2 Things

1. I am setting up a signup sheet at work for anybody who wants to borrow one of my bikes for Ride to Work Week. I will make any and all of them available (except brakeless fixed gears) for any of my co-workers who do not have a bike. I just want to try to encourage as many people as I can to at least try a day or two. I'm even going to offer to deliver a bike to their home for the times they want to try. Should be fun. Last year we had 5 bikes in the back room on Thursday of BTWW, this year we need to blow that up and hit a dozen or so!
2. I am in good with our Amish table maker and am going to ask him to turn me out some solid Hickory flat bars. Possibly steam bent too. He'll do it I'm sure, but at what price? Leave me a comment if you are interested. Sizes can be worked out in metric or fractional. This guy is genuine Amish, not some corporate "Amish image" hack! I want some single speed spacers too. Oh yah! Geek factor 10+++! Later! Travel Gravel!

4 comments:

bluecolnago said...

that's a good way to get people to participate.... take away their excuses! good job, greg! :)

djdau@walnutel.net said...

Wooden bars? Hardcore man, hardcore.

Love it! -D

Travel Gravel said...

I figure there is probably an optimal maximum width for the hickory to flex a little without cracking. It could be cool.

Travel Gravel said...

Check this out www.renovobikes.com Nice!