Friday, December 24, 2010

Workin' On The Night Moves

Tryin' to make some front page gravel ridin' news! Went out again this week for some after dark graveling. It has become a favorite way to keep myself from getting bored, and I have not had much S.A.D. this year. We're only part way through though. A great option for keeping the soul alive. A few miles, a lot of smiles, and a beer or two for good measure.


Seger, " I could go East, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide..."

I REALLY! wanted to go out and view the lunar eclipse this last week. So much so that I slept on the couch so I wouldn't disturb my wife at 02 hundred. Well, I got up, looked out the window, and saw nothing but clouds overhead. Again, enough with the clouds already! Then I see on the news that Des Moines got enough of a hole in the clouds to see the eclipse at its maximum?! I can't get a break. Total eclipse, on the Winter Solstice, and it gets clouded out. Oh well, maybe it will line up like that in another lifetime.
Hope all is well with everyone/anyone reading. Please have some fun, enjoy your family, and keep on riding! Later!

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

Yeap, something about night riding this time of year in Iowa. Perhaps part of it is 'nobody' does it, cept a very few. Keep on riding.

Travel Gravel said...

You hit that one on the mark. I had that very thought go through my head that night. "How many people in this state are out riding their bikes, on a lonely gravel road, at 11:30 at night, because they choose to!? Maybe Dave, that's it!" Sure is a "special" breed of person to get out there.

NoVisibleLycra said...

Happy New Year Gravelo! Love the idea of night riding. Hope you're well out there in the USA. All fine over here.

Matt from NoVisibleLycra.