Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Yella Death

This is worth a post. This post might save somebody from weeks of agony. If it saves even one person from the pure evil of Wild Parsnip Poisoning, then I'll post it every week. This is the little, harmless looking plant that seems to be getting a lot of press lately. If you see this plant in a ditch, or along some single track, DO NOT GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO TOUCH IT!!!!!
I got into some of this a few years ago and it burned my skin so badly that I had a weeping rash and blisters for 5 weeks. It killed the hair follicles my legs and now I have what look like half shaven legs! It's not a good look.
The plant grows to about knee high. The yellow flowering part is about the size of a pea, growing in a bunch about the size of a silver dollar.
I guess that there have been numerous cases of people unknowingly contacting this plant this year and so it is getting a lot of Facebook press especially. Don't you dare look at Google images of the rashes unless you can control your mind's desire to itch things. It will take you there, trust me.
Tons of it out there, on the gravel I ride anyway.
Later!


2 comments:

NoVisibleLycra said...

Wow! You serious? Not sure if we get that here in the United Kingdom and it looks like the sort of plant I'd spot and pick up, take home and put in a vase. Or as you Americans say, 'VAZE'. Hope all is well out there, Greg. Good to see you blogging again and I hope the bikes are alright. Mine needs a service urgently, but it's alright. We're all still riding on a regular basis, every Saturday and Sunday, although I won't be out on Saturday as I'm going to a wedding tonight. Keep riding!

Gravelo said...

Hey Matt! Yes, I'm still riding along on my gravel road adventures. I went through a very long period of time where I just didn't ride much. My parents went intoa nursing home, both at the same time. It tooka lot of time to help them adjust and feel like riding again. Now that I'm back in the saddle I hope that the blogging will kick back in.
The guy who was living out our shared dream of living free had a sad turn of events. His daughter messaged him that his former wife's new boyfriend was abusive towards her( the daughter) and that they were both selling off all of their possessions for drug money. What a world. Are there such terrible people in the UK?
Anyway, safe travels around the globe. Seems it's not popular to be white anymore.