Tuesday, June 21, 2016

First Chance, First Ride

So I bought an ultra cheap fat bike. A Mongoose Malus for $130 ! Brand new, in a big old box. Being that it was 70 degrees on my day off I decided to hit the Heart of Iowa Nature Trail for a little shakedown cruise. I guess nothing's going cheap, unless it's mutiny. The Trail was wettish, very grabby even for 4" tires. I'm glad that nobody has insisted on riding their 1.9 and smaller tires on it. Nothing much to note for this ride except that Logsdon's Grocery in Maxwell was awesome,as always. Can you imagine the coolest small town Grocery store, run by middle aged brothers, part store, part personal hangout, part community center? Some time soon I will do a full post on this place. Trust me, you have to go there and experience it for yourself.
Anyway, here's to the promise of more interesting rides to come. I did find a stached away geo-caching drum. That's always cool. Tucked in behind some downed trees.

1 comment:

NoVisibleLycra said...

A brand new Mongoose mountain bike for $130? That's amazing. Here in the UK you can buy a bike for £99 but it's a low-spec machine with block brakes and rubbishy gears and brakes. I doubt you'd get a Mongoose here for less that £300. Hope you enjoyed your ride, though, and yeah, that grocery store sounds pretty cool.