Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pants On The Ground

I was watching American Idol with Mitchell a while back and was mildly amused when General Larry Platt came out to perform his now-mega-hit ditty, "Pants On The Ground." Good for a few reps of the hook, and our own jumbled mixing of verse and chorus, then it was off to bath and bed for Mitch.
Next thing you know, the video is everywhere! The DSM Register ran an article about the man and his stand up past with MLK Jr. et al, and a performance by Randy Jackson and Jimmy Fallon/Roots had cemented the ditty's place in my head! I couldn't get enough of it! Well, The tipping point to insanity was near at hand, and then the levee broke when I caught the clip of Fallon performing the song AS NEIL YOUNG! Pick your favorite conduit to this awesome clip and enjoy! I admit fully that I don't know how to link a video, so go to your favorite and watch. Then, use those imaginations and picture in your mind's eye what it would be like if performed by these fine folks:
Elvis
Guns - n - Roses
Talking Heads
Devo
Bob Dylan
Stevie Nicks
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Dave Matthews Band
Cold Play
The Boss
The Eagles
The Beastie Boys
Bon Jovi
Ray Lamontagne
B-52s
Macy Gray
R.E.M.
Grateful Dead (2 hour jam mix)
Amy Winehouse
or , perhaps the best mashup, Susan Boyle!
Sorry for that last one, but it would be fun! Jimmy Fallon should add a new bit to his show and have "The Pants On The Ground Jukebox" where he and The Roots spin a big wheel with the names of different artists on it, and then perform the song under the impression of the artist. I would love it! One thing is for sure, that song will give me PLENTY of ride stoke this year, I'll do all my own versions! I will be riding alone no matter what! Later!
P.S. Check out the new link, "No Visible Lycra" on the right. It's the blog of a guy from England who surfed to my blog with the Next Blog button, and read down to my Stanley post, after having bought the same "Thermos" himself! Puttin' the "World Wide" in www! Later!

3 comments:

MrDaveyGie said...

and the music lives on and on..such a energy for my soul.
Oh and yes absolutely as you posted on my blog, Euchre is a necessity of a Dubuquer.
Peace
Dave

bluecolnago said...

sweet!

djdau@walnutel.net said...

Lookin' like a fool
Lookin' like a fool
Lookin' like a fool
With your pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground