Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Good Reason To Watch The Road


I always zone out when I'm on the gravel, looking this way and that, watching my front tire tread appear to be blurred and then blinking my eyes rapidly until it freeze frames the tread pattern, or just not knowing what I'm doing at all! Perhaps that's why a 3 hour ride feels like 20 minutes sometimes. I found a good reason to perfect my thousand yard stare on a recent ride however! This little gem was hiding at the bottom of two rollers on R Ave. It was only about 4 feet wide, but at 12 to 14 feet deep it would have been a real trick to get out of had I fallen in. I told you the frost boils would be man eaters this year! Later!

4 comments:

Joe said...

Damn!!!!

Paul said...

Holy crap! That is scary.

Steve Fuller said...

Um....WOW. That would have been a good one to explain to the insurance company.

Captain Bob said...

glad you made it out alive!