Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bike Of The Week: Westpoint Townie


I bought this bike at my church's annual rummage sale. For a dollar! What a deal. It was "anything you can fit in a bag for $1.00 day" and they made an exception for me. A friend and classmate of mine saw me on it at HyVee one day and told me that it was once his Grandpa's bike and that he used to ride it up and down the alley when we were kids. I thought that was cool. I offered to give it to him if he wanted it but he declined, thankfully. I have ridden it on BRR twice, pulling my oldest in the Burly. I blacked the rims out, pounded out a dent in the front fender and sprayed the supports, flipped the bars for a lower stance, and switched the plastic seat for something more civilized. I happened upon the rack at the annual DSM swap meet that used to be the second weekend in September. It matches the paint pretty damn close and will handle a twelve pack no problem. I just bought a pair of white Kendas from Nashbar about a month ago and they will no doubt add some contrast to the pea green and yellow. Headlight is for effect only but I may knock the reflector out and mount up a little L.E.D. flashlight in that baby! Later!

1 comment:

B I D W E L L said...

Nice- liking the bullet holes.